First posted on Smooch Or Smack.
Many people stood back and watched other people exhibit stupid behavior. Listening to the words spoken and watching their body language shouts, “Look at me, I’m stupid”. You can be sure this has happened more times than we can count.
Far too many people engage in less than intelligent activities that make them appear to be stupid, unlearned, have poor manners and in general be “low class”. If the intention was intended to impress or draw positive attention to themselves - they failed. All they have developed is a negative opinion in the mind of others.
There is a huge difference in drawing attention (likes and thumbs ups) on Facebook and gaining the same or similar responses in person. Making a possibly offensive, insulting, ignorant or off color remark is easy to do when no physical injure is at risk. The worst that can happen is someone delivering a top quality Butt Chewing, GI style but, no punch in the nose.
Now consider doing or witnessing any or all of these 10 stupid things happening in public or in your presence.
2. PASSING GAS IN PUBLIC TO GET ATTENTIONMethane gas is not one of those preferred aromas by most people. In other words, it stinks. Deliberately “passing gas”, loudly or softer than a whisper is still very bad manners and offensive. It is also a good way to get un-invited or asked to leave.
3. SHOWING THE WORLD YOUR UNDER WEARIt may be fashionable and stylish to wear your pants “below your butt cheeks” in some circles but the truth is, few people want to see another person (male or female) showing their underwear. Plus, dirty underwear is even more disgusting and stupid. Pull up your pants and be an adult.
4. INSULTING THE WOMAN WITH YOU IN PUBLICNo one wants to hear a man insult the woman with him in public. If she has undesirable habits, public insults will not change her. It only shows how stupid the guy is.
5. INSULTING KIDS IN PUBLIC Children are going to do childish things. For an adult to become insulting and offensive with kids in public, shows the adult to be childish and stupid. If an adult feels a child, not their own charge, is out of hand, take the matter up with the person or people responsible for that child or in charge.
6. ROAD RAGE“GET OUT OF MY WAY YOU $%^^ &&* **# +%#CH.” That was a stupid attitude to have and an equally stupid reaction. The person in the other car or truck can’t hear you and if they could, would you say the same things? If so, you art the stupid one. You are a large part of the problem. Slow down, calm down and just breathe before you react.
7. FLIPPING THE BIRD Flipping someone the “bird” shows the bird flipper is stupid and only focused on their comfort and conveniences. The bird at the end of someone’s’ fist means “I’M too stupid to talk intelligently.”
8. TALKING to LOUDLY TO IMPRESS If a person is not aware of the differences between “their indoor voice and their outdoor voice”, be kind enough to tell them. They may thank you. If they know the difference but just want to be heard. They are Stupid. “Who cares about your Rolex Watch”, it will belong to someone else when you die.
9. ARGUING WITH YOUR PHONE People that argue with inanimate objects often appear to be stupid. However, if the object they are arguing with could argue back, would they want to argue with it? A person arguing with their telephone may in fact be stupid or frustrated.
10. GRABBING YOUR CROTCH If a person is in the habit of grabbing their crotch in public, are they checking to make sure “their junk” has not run away or fallen off? That is what it looks like to an observer. This is a stupid habit to have and doing it in public just makes a person look desperate and stupid.
We have all done stupid things. The problem arises when we do them repeatedly. Slowing down and taking a moment to inspect our habits and attitudes takes our eyes off of other peoples bad habits and refocuses them on our own. We should start by cleaning our own house before inspecting our neighbors.